Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years

!0 Years ago, I was sitting in 9th grade homeroom, waiting for the bell to ring to head to our next class. The vice-principal suddenly came over the loud speakers and said that everyone needed to remain where they are until further notice and for the teachers to turn on their televisions.

The images that we saw, the smoke, the destruction, the despair, seemed so unreal. Sitting there in my classroom on a blue-sky Georgia morning, I struggled as a young teenager to understand what was happening hundreds of miles away. I had permanent goosebumps all day, even when we were sent home early, I sat at home with my parents in shock.

To those who have served or are serving our country, thank you from the bottom of my heart for keeping me safe and protecting the American way of life.

To all the rest, hug your family and friends today, call them and tell them how much they mean to you. Life is precious, and we should never take our time here on earth for granted.

I'm curious, where were you 10 years ago?


No comments:

Post a Comment